Bastrop’s 31st annual Patriotic Festival
July 2 @ 8:00 am - 10:00 pm
8:00am - 10:00pm
Bastrop Patriotic Festival is a fun-fill day for adults and children alike starting with a fun run requiring registration, followed by activities in the park with the finale of fireworks at Fisherman’s Park in Bastrop, Texas.. The day starts with the FUN Run 1K; and the RUN, White & Blue (a certified 5K course). At noon, the the rest of the festivities begin including drink booths, Water Wonderland, Kiddie Train rides, Colorado River Alliance Mobile River Exhibit, petting zoo, dunk tank, face painting, basketball with the Bastrop Police Department officers, sand volleyball, and cow patty bingo. You’ll also see Patriotic Stilt Walkers and an exhibition at the Skate Park. There will be three food eating contests in the categories of hot pepper, pies and hot dogs.
Live music in the evening includes the Chubby Knuckle Choir on Main Stage at 5:15 – 6:45 p.m., and Joel Hernandez on Main Stage at 7:15 – 8:45 p.m.
Fireworks begin around 9 p.m.
No parking at Fisherman’s Park. Shuttle Bus Service (w/ Air Conditioning) from Bastrop Convention Center from noon to 11 p.m. Why walk all that way to your car? Let us Shuttle you in our yellow school buses right to where all the action is! Free Shuttle all day long!
- FUN Run 1K at 8 a.m.
- RUN, White & Blue 5K 8:20 a.m. Come out for Bastrop’s 5th Annual RUN, White & Blue 5k. This course is now a Certified 5K Course! Bring the family, this is an all-ages event! You can run, walk, or skip as you cross the finish line! Be sure you wear your favorite Patriotic Festival attire and come ready for fun! Register by June 18th and you are guaranteed this year’s race shirt! Click the link below to register:
NOON – Park opens for a day full of free, family friendly activities in celebration of July 4th! (some fees apply)
- Water Wonderland (wristbands $10) Noon-8 p.m. For the purchase of a wristband children will have all-day access to multiple water slides of all kinds to cool off and find some adventure in the Water Wonderland! Be sure to bring your water shoes & sunscreen.
- Kiddie Train Rides from noon-8 p.m. Load up on the Kiddie Train to have a free trip around the park! All ages welcome! Line up on Willow Street to board.
- Colorado River Alliance Mobile River Exhibit. Noon-4 p.m. Interested in how the river works? The Colorado River Alliance has a really cool way to learn about it!
- Petting Zoo. Noon-5 p.m. Davenport Farms out of Lockhart will show you a real farm experience with animals that your child will be able to touch, hugs. Includes pet goats, sheep, potbelly pigs, chickens and rabbits.
- Dunk Tank with local celebrities. Noon-5 p.m. How about one with our Superintendent, Police Chief, Mayor Pro Tem, or Baseball Coach? Make a donation to We Believe in BISD and you have an opportunity to “dunk” someone and give to a great cause!
- Face Painting 1-5 p.m. Come out and get in the patriotic spirit with your face painted in red, white, & blue themes.
- Baskets with the BPD. 1:30-3:30 p.m. Ever want to see if you can outshoot hoops against a police officer? This is your chance to hit the court, a basketball court that is, and test your skills against Bastrop’s finest!
- Sand Volleyball games. 2-4 p.m. Get a team or just bring yourself, and let’s play some volleyball!
- Patriotic Stilt Walkers. 2-6 p.m. See Uncle Sam up high in the air on stilts walking around greeting all the kids!
- Skate Park Exhibition 3 p.m. In the newly opened park, come out and watch the BEST of the BEST local skaters do their stuff on Bastrop’s own skate park landscape!
- Cow Patty BINGO. 4 p.m. Buy a $10 spot (6 for $50) for a chance to win a huge prize based on where the patty lands. Fun starts on the tennis courts around 4pm. Where will the ‘patty’ land?
- FOOD EATING CONTEST under Main Pavilion:
- Hot Pepper Eating Contest. 3 p.m. Come out and show up how many Whataburger Hot Peppers you can eat! They have milk to cool your mouth after and prizes for the winner!
- Pie Eating Contest. 4 p.m. Only in Bastrop can you enter a pie-eating contest sponsored by the award-winning Maxine’s Café & Bakery! Their pies are so good, it won’t matter if you win, you’ll be excited just to be one of the 10 participating!
- Hot Dog Eating Contest. 5 p.m. Nothing more American than Hot Dogs to celebrate America’s birthday! Come be a true patriot and demonstrate how well you can eat a true American Classic! You might even see some American-style zombies from Scream Hollow Halloween Park!
- LIVE MUSIC! Chubby Knuckle Choir on Main Stage – 5:15pm – 6:45pm
- Presentation of the Colors & Remarks from Mayor 7:00 pm
- MORE LIVE MUSIC! Joel Hernandez on Main Stage – 7:15pm – 8:45 pm
- A patriotic medley of songs 8:55-9:15 p.m. Bastrop Christian Church and First Baptist Church who make up a portion of “A Joyous Christmas” choir will be center stage performing a medley of patriotic music and end with the National Anthem just before the fireworks.